There’s something so intrinsically “summer” about Southern California. It must be attributed to the sun, sun, sun constantly beating down, the prolific palm trees, strappy tops, flowy dresses, and sweat dripping off my face if I’m not in front of a fan at home.

Maybe because I have so many memories of perfect summer mornings and lounging outside on summer nights (while shoveling watermelon into my mouth) that it hasn’t quite felt like summer while I’ve been staying in NorCal. Fall semester starts in a few days, and I’m already afraid of the imminent stress.

A couple of days before I left, I had decided I absolutely needed to go home one more time before school started. I’m so glad I did - I made the most of my three days there (two spent traveling on the bus ~_~), did so many things, and saw all of my favorite people!

Saturday morning I drove to my hometown to pick up one of my best friends everrr (hi Muppet) and headed to a Metro station, which we took to Downtown LA for K-Con. Confession time: I’ve been a closet k-pop fan since middle school. I’m growing out of it, but I still try to follow a few groups, and I’m a huge fan of the solo artist IU. I’ve also recently gotten obsessed with Eric Nam, a relatively new solo artist that MCs for an English k-pop show on YouTube, which makes him a lot more relatable and easy to keep up. When I found out that not only IU but ERIC WITH A SELFIE BOOTH would be at K-Con, I flipped out and cursed myself for wanting to go so badly but knowing I shouldn’t. I’ve never, ever been to a k-pop concert, always not committing because of money and lack of friends who would go with me. I was so sure the same thing would happen this time, but as the weeks passed and K-Con approached, it ate at me - when would a chance like this come again??

Luckily, Jennie/Muppet/the friend from earlier made my decision easy by agreeing to go with me. I literally only see some of my closest friends a few times a year and will take any chance I take to see them in the flesh!!

The majority of the day was a complete failure - we basically spent half the day on the bus going back and forth for dumb reasons (the title of this post is the line we rode lol), but I managed to complete my sole goal of getting a photo with Eric. My hair was a mess, I pissed off some fans for cutting in line, but I did it! #dowhatyagottado

Pretty much had only one meal that day, and I indulged in some perfectly cooked salmon before wandering into some random little park and rushing back to the concert.

The concert itself was quite fun but shorter than I expected! I really enjoyed B1A4's performances, Teen Top's, and of course IU was flawless and a dream to see live. It was her first time performing in the US, but she was the only artist who said anything besides "Hallo! We luv u LA!!" You could just see her dedication through how much she prepared and this is the type of thing that makes me love her so much.

Of course, right as we walked up onto the platform of the Metro station, our bus left, and we had to wait another forty minutes for the next to come -_- But when you're with your favorite people doing things you like, more time is only a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment